We’re entering that tricky period where planning really helps.
- Four teams didn’t play last week.
- Man City and Stoke might have double game weeks in GW 27 (we’ll know tomorrow night).
- Only ten teams play in GW 28
I didn’t manage to get out 11 players last week. But neither did most people. Of the top 5 teams in the media industry league nobody fielded eleven players. So maybe it’s not such a problem. Let’s have a look at these top five teams to compare how they’re going to fare for the blanks and DGWs ahead. Firstly, they are as follows:
Who’s been taking hits?
- Danny took a 4 point hit for GW 26. He’s used to taking hits and it seems to be working out for him (coupled with often picking the right captain).
- Nick doesn’t take hits. He’s taken none this season plus he’s saved last week’s transfer so he’s well set up for the blanks in GW 28.
- Like Danny, Curtis is used to hits and took a four pointer last week.
- Ediz has taken 5 x four point hits this season but didn’t need any for last week.
- Sam’s not taken a hit since GW 7 so he’s trying to be more sparing.
- Danny can currently field 4 players for GW 28. If he doesn’t use this week’s transfer and saves it then this can make it 6 players. So either Danny takes a massive hit or simply writes off the GW. If he does that though then he might lose first place which he’s held for ages.
- Nick can currently field 8 players. As noted above, he’s saved a transfer so he’ll be good to field at least 10, maybe 11.
- Curtis has 6 currently plus Phillips who’s injured so who knows. If he saves this week’s transfer and takes an 8 point hit he could field ten-ish.
- Ediz has 8 players plus Phillips. He should be good for GW 28.
- Sam has 5 plus Carroll and Holgate. So probably 6 really.