Group Advertising Manager required to run a team of seven. OTE of 70K+ (consisting of a base of 45/ 50K plus 40% commission).
My client is one of the best known publishing companies in the UK generating revenues from brand-led content, subscriptions and networking events. The business is up 4% y-o-y from 2011 to 2012 and this portfolio is experiencing robust growth in 2013 too. It is worth £3.4 million. The Group Advertising Manager does not carry personal revenue responsibilities nor accounts to manage: the sole focus for the role is to drive and inspire the sales team of seven direct reports to perform to the highest level and deliver against strategy and expectations. This will be the key asset in the finding the right candidate for the role. Key responsibilities of the role include :
- maximising long term revenue, profit and growth by implementing a sales plan in line with the sales strategy for the group
- recruit, support and develop the sales team to achieve the agreed objectives
- forecast accurately and deliver against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Experience of selling B2B marketing solutions
- Robust team management experience demonstrable by tangible results
- Drive to succeed. Lots of candidates talk about being driven but this role will only be awarded to the person who really knows and believes they have drive, i.e. only apply if you know you’re better than your peers.